Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sick

My apologies to any readers I may have, as my posting has been rather non-existent lately. Between working, visiting family for Thanksgiving, and studying for my Paramedic National Registry Exam, I have been rather busy. Then, I got knocked off my feet this week by a horrendous cold/flu bug. Nasty fever, nasal congestion, sore throat, headache, and sore neck. This is day 4 of this bug, and I can actually lift my head off the pillow for about 15 minutes at a time. After 15 mins, I am totally exhausted and nap for awhile. I have actually called in to work sick for 2 days in a row. I have never called in sick before! I worked on a broken foot before, and insisted on a walking cast so I could keep working. But, today I decided that if I can't stay awake long enough to even drive there, I won't be doing them much good! This morning, it took me 3 hours to drink a cup of tea and eat a banana in between naps.
So, that's my excuse for not posting much lately! While I'm recovering, check out this guy's website: www.rayfowler.com Make sure to read his lecture notes on "Top 10 issues in EMS for 2009". He was one of the speakers at the EMS conference I attended, and this lecture was really insightful, and I have several thoughts on it that I will post at some later date. In the meantime, I hope you and your families are enjoying health, each other, and the holidays!

No comments: